The mission of Fromm is to be the most valued supplier of products and services to our customers.
Emergency Service: 800-360-4441 and Press 4
FirstEnergy’s Business Incentive Programs
Announcements and Updates
FirstEnergy is pleased to announce several new developments in the commercial and industrial energy efficiency incentive programs available through their Pennsylvania utility companies – Met-Ed, Penelec and Penn Power. Below is a summary of the recent updates, enhancements and additions to these programs. For complete details, please visit the program website, www.energysavePA.com, and click on For Your Business on the right.
The program offers incentives for installation of the following equipment types:
· Strip curtains for walk-in freezers and coolers
· Refrigerators and freezers
· Ice machines
· Steam cookers
· Commercial water heaters
· Pre-rinse sprayers
· Vending equipment controllers
· Commercial clothes washers/dryers
· Smart strip plug outlets
The Custom Incentives for Business program provides incentives based on the actual energy saved by a project at $0.10 per kWh saved. This program targets large or complex projects, including new construction and building additions, which incorporate technologies not included in other FirstEnergy incentive programs.
Possible custom projects include:
· Major industrial process renovations
· New construction or renovation projects that involve multiple building systems (i.e. lighting, HVAC, and building envelope)
· Replacement of motors larger than 200 hp
· Replacement of an existing motor speed control with a new Variable Speed Drive
· Water/wastewater system improvements
· Building control systems such as Demand Control Ventilation or Exhaust Air Heat Recovery
Examples of projects/technologies that DO NOT qualify for this program include:
· Power factor correction devices
· Motor soft starts
· Renewable energy technologies that generate electricity (i.e. solar photovoltaic, wind generation, micro-hydroturbines, etc)
· Any electric generation projects
· Fuel switching (i.e. replacement of an electric chiller with an absorption chiller)
In addition to our other programs, these Incentives are available only to multiple occupancy housing units with more than two family residences on retail electric service accounts in Met-Ed, Penelec and Penn Power service territories. Only lighting retrofit projects of the common areas – such as lobbies, hallways, laundry facilities, mechanical rooms, and storage areas – of multifamily housing units on non-residential rates are eligible for incentives through this program.
Multifamily housing units also are eligible to participate in the following business programs:
· Motors and Drives Incentives for Business program
· HVAC Incentives for Business program
· Streetlighting and Outdoor Area Lighting Incentives program
Single-family residential customers and Federal government-owned multifamily housing units may take advantage of separate programs, which can be found on the website.
7. Weekly webinars – SAIC continues to offer a standing webinar every Tuesday at 2:00 pm, for all interested parties.
The webinar will give an overview of FirstEnergy's business incentive programs, including the following topics:
· Summary of the programs planned
· Application instructions
· Eligibility requirements
· Additional sources of information
The presentation will be followed by a question and answer period. Use the following information to join the webinar:
DataXchange web conference login: www.saic.com/customer/datax/
Conference Reference: 745965
Attendee Security PIN: 5228573097
Audio Conference Call: 1-800-FON-SAIC (366-7242)
Conference Code: 3401990
For more information, program application forms and instructions, please visit the website or contact a program representative at energysavePA@SAIC.com.
We look forward to helping you reach your energy savings goals!